WALK, RUN OR YOGA on Sunday May 6, 2018 at Minute Maid Park!
Early Bird Registration ends January 31st
|The Walk to END Lupus NOW & 5k Run is the Lupus Foundation of America, Texas Gulf Coast Chapter's annual walk/run fundraiser. Proceeds from this event support programs such as Education and Outreach, Direct Services, Research and overall support of the lupus community in the Texas Gulf Coast Region|
Multiply Your Power Walk, Run and fundraise with supporters from the entire Texas Gulf Coast region to help the Lupus Foundation of America find a cure for lupus. Walk to END Lupus Now & 5K Run is a half day of fun with food and activities for the entire family!
Why should you participate in the 5K Walk to END Lupus Now & 5K Run?
• More than 1.5 million Americans have lupus. In Houston, over 30,000 people are living with lupus.
• The effects on individuals with lupus and their family and friends can be life diminishing, chronic and life-threatening.
• Lupus has no known cause and cannot be cured. It is one of the most misunderstood and misdiagnosed diseases in the world.
Join us and help bring hope to millions of individuals affected by lupus.
Get started today! 1. Register for the Walk or Run.
2. Set a personal fundraising goal. We suggest about $300, minimum.
3. Form a Team and find a creative team name. Walking with a team is much more fun and makes it easier to raise money.
4. Start raising money. Set up a personal page online to email to everyone you know. Inform everyone you communicate with, including all social networking media (Facebook, Twitter, etc.) and let them know you are participating in the Walk to END Lupus Now & 5K Run and ask for their support. Have your Facebook friends post the event on their wall.
5. Walk with your friends, family, team and the rest of the Texas Gulf Coast participants on May 6, 2018. Rain or shine, we’ll be there!
6. After the Walk & Run fundraising. Post your photos on your Facebook page and share your experience with all your friends. Everyone has until July 31, 2018 to continue raising funds.
7. Win Great Prizes! The top three ‘individual” fundraisers on May 6, will win prizes donated by local merchants.
- Time-chipped official 5K certified course.
- First 200 Runners to Register receive an official 2018 5K Tech Runner Tank
- All 5K race finishers receive a medal.
- Prizes for age and gender categories.
We are excited to add yoga to our event this year. Join us at the starting line after the walkers take off to invigorate your body and relax your mind. Yoga registrants also receive an official 2018 Walk TShirt and Swag Bag.
SPONSOR A RUN TEAM FOR YOUR COMPANY OR ORGANIZATION!
This is a team-building activity for your club, organization or company! Ask us about sponsoring your teams registration. Email us at email@example.com for more details and how we can make your experience unforgettable!
Parking Free Parking on Sunday in Downtown Houston
T-shirt & Packet Pick Up Dates