Walk, Run or Yoga to End Lupus Now Houston on Sunday, May 6th at Minute Maid Park!
Tech Tank for first 200 5K Registrants!
|The Walk to END Lupus NOW Houston featuring a Certified 5K Run & NEW Yoga Registration is the Lupus Foundation of America, Texas Gulf Coast Chapter's annual walkathon fundraiser. Proceeds from this event support programs such as Education and Outreach, Direct Services, Research and overall support of the lupus community in the Texas Gulf Coast Region.|
Multiply Your Power Join supporters from the entire Texas Gulf Coast region to help the Lupus Foundation of America find a cure for lupus. Our annual Walk to END Lupus Now is a half day of fun with food and activities for the entire family including the family pup!
Why should you participate in the Walk to END Lupus Now & 5K Run?
• More than 1.5 million Americans have lupus. In Houston, over 30,000 people are living with lupus.
• The effects on individuals with lupus and their family and friends can be life diminishing, chronic and life-threatening.
• Lupus has no known cause and cannot be cured. It is one of the most misunderstood and misdiagnosed diseases in the world.
Join us and help bring hope to millions of individuals affected by lupus.
Get started today! 1. Register to participate.
2. Set a personal fundraising goal.
3. Form a Team and find a creative team name. Walking with a team is much more fun and makes it easier to raise money.
4. Start raising funds and awareness. Set up a personal page online to email to friends, family and more. Don't forget about social networking media! Let everyone know you are participating in the Walk to END Lupus Now & 5K Run and ask for their support.
5. Make the big day unforgettable with your friends, family, team and the rest of the Lupus community on May 6, 2018. Rain or shine, we’ll be there!
6. After the event, post your photos on your Facebook page and share your experience with all your friends. Everyone has until July 31, 2018 to continue raising funds.
7. Win great prizes throughout the fundraising season including individual and team awards on the big day!
- Time-chipped official 5K certified course.
- First 200 Runners to Register receive an official 2018 5K Tech Runner Tank
- All 5K race finishers receive a medal.
- Prizes for age and gender categories.
We are excited to add yoga to our event this year. Join us at the starting line after the walkers take off to invigorate your body and relax your mind. Yoga registrants also receive an official 2018 Walk TShirt and Swag Bag.
SPONSOR A TEAM FOR YOUR COMPANY OR ORGANIZATION! Sponsor a team for a family-friendly
team-building activity for your club, organization or company! Email us at email@example.com for more details and how we can make your experience unforgettable!
Parking Free Parking on Sunday in Downtown Houston
T-shirt & Packet Pick Up Dates
*Thursday, May 3, 11:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. California Pizza Kitchen-Post Oak - 1705-A Post Oak Blvd. Houston, TX. 77056 - (713) 963-9262
*Friday, May 4, 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Memorial Urgent Care - 14629 Memorial Dr. Houston, TX. 77079 - (281) 589-8500
*Saturday, May 5, 9:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. Dick's Sporting Goods-Post Oak - 2131 Post Oak Blvd. Houston, TX. 77056 - (281) 840-6019